RISK's new software ADM is designed for managing of all aspects of aeronautical data based on AIXM 5.1 model: temporality, geo-spatial, etc.
The transition period in the industry caused by AIM concept's adoption requires centralization of existing data from legacy data sources in AICM-modeled databases as well as creating/digitizing/inserting of new data. This process of mass data transfer can be greatly simplified by special data administration tools. The effectiveness of these tools directly depends on support of legacy data and production processes.
R.I.S.K Company's Aeronautical Data Manager (ADM) is specially designed aiming these purposes.
AIXM-based Approach Management
ADM understands AIXM 5.x feature concept and uses it for managing an aeronautical database. ADM uses dynamic driver architecture to abstract access to different databases thus allowing work even with non-AIXM database structure.
Management of Temporal and Geospatial Data
When AIXM Temporality model is supported by the database, ADM enables operations with time slices as follows:
– Retrieve a time slice of a feature instance by effective date or sequence number;
– Create new time slice of a Feature instance, create correction, and cancel a time slice and the instance as a whole.
ADM uses its own specialized GIS environment based on robust and proven ESRI ArcGIS platform. The GIS environment allows full editing of geospatial data.
ADM facilitates automated data entry/loading into the AICM/AIXM based databases importing data from various ODBC-enabled databases. The transformation of external data can be highly customized by the user.
Analysis, Visualization and Validation
ADM allows the user to create ad-hoc queries visually and save them as parameterized templates for future reuse. Query results can be visualized both as list of features with properties and as geographical objects on map.
There are 3 levels of validations to be supported by ADM:
– Simple validation – entry of data based on possible attribute value domains;
– Wizard managed – specific attribute group validation based on interrelationships analysis;
– Post validation – validation of existing objects in any moment of their existence.